New member wanting to get a shih tzu -- need your help =) [Breed Specific Forum]

Puppies & Dogs For Sale in the Philippines
Welcome Guest. Register | Sign in
Today is Tuesday, January 21, 2020

(1) 2 »

New member wanting to get a shih tzu -- need your help =)
Quite a regular
rank3dbf8e9e7d88d.gif
Group:
Registered Users
Hi, to all members! I'm new to the site but I really find it interesting!!

I'm planning to get a shih tzu. Need your help po sana, inputs or suggestions on some of the questions I have.

1. Ano pong mas magandang size na alagaan, standard or princess?
2. May effect po ba yung size sa mortality rate ng shih tzu kapag puppy pa?
3. First time kong mag-aalaga ng aso na may breed and people are saying that they're more sensitive, is this true? How sensitive are shih tzus?
4. Aside from vaccines, mga magkano po yung budget pag nag-aalaga ng shih-tzu?
5. Mga around what price range po yung most likely decent price na puppy? Is it a must na may papers yung dog?
6. Meron po ba kaung alam na breeder?
7. For someone na hindi experienced sa pag-aalaga ng purebreed na dog, ano pong mas maganda kunin, puppy or adult dog?
8. I heard that shih tzus are friendly with strangers. How friendly po? Pag bumili po ba ng adult na dog, pwede mo agad hawakan ng hindi ka kakagatin
9. Pahingi rin po ng suggestions when selecting a puppy.

I'm also doing research online but I also prefer hearing the answer to these questions directly from pet owners. I think mas ok yun hehehe.

Thank you po in advance!

Posted on: 2011/2/24 6:30
_MD_TRANSFER_DESC _MD_TRANSFER

Re: New member wanting to get a shih tzu -- need your help =)
rank3dbf8edf15093.gif
From Quezon City
Group:
Registered Users
Moderators
I'm not a Shih Tzu expert pero share ko lang yung nalalaman ko

-standard size, wala talagang princess type, sa pinas lang ata meron na ganon ang tawag.

-wala naman siguro, depende sa alaga yan. just make sure you buy from a good breeder.

3. First time kong mag-aalaga ng aso na may breed and people are saying that they're more sensitive, is this true? How sensitive are shih tzus?
-true, they are more sensitive than native dogs kaya dapat talaga complete vaccine and sundin yung sched pag sa puppy.

-5k-10k depende sa luho mo. kung tipid kaya na 5k.

5. Mga around what price range po yung most likely decent price na puppy? Is it a must na may papers yung dog?
-depende din talaga eh. you really have to see the pup in person para ma judge mo. pero the best punta ka sa house ng breeder mismo para makita mo kung papano niya alagaan yung ibang dogs niya. mga average ng 10k kasi price ng shih tzu ngayon.

-tungkol naman sa papers, kung balak mong mag breed o kaya sumali ng dog show then kailangan mo ng papers. kung pet lang talaga tapos wala kang balak mag benta maski walang papers na. importante malusog yung pup.

-yes, Fantasia Shih Tzu pero mahal for sure yan kasi show quality mga dogs nila. eto website http://www.fantasiashihtzu.com/

7. For someone na hindi experienced sa pag-aalaga ng purebreed na dog, ano pong mas maganda kunin, puppy or adult dog?
-maski ano naman actually pero pag puppy make sure na complete yung vaccine shots. at pag puppy din eh kailangan ng patience kasi medyo makulit pa yan.

8. I heard that shih tzus are friendly with strangers. How friendly po? Pag bumili po ba ng adult na dog, pwede mo agad hawakan ng hindi ka kakagatin
-quote "Most Shih Tzus are friendly (or at least polite) with strangers, though socialization is necessary to develop this trusting temperament. Shih Tzus are also peaceful with other pets."

-make sure na puppy pa nga yung bibilhin mo kasi meron iba na nag bebenta na puppy daw pero matanda na pala. check this thread sa PPF para makita mo yung difference ng pup at adult (teeth stains, kalyo, etc.)
http://philippinepetfinder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=137851

Posted on: 2011/2/24 8:33
"Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?" Luke 6:46

Quite a regular
rank3dbf8e9e7d88d.gif
Group:
Registered Users
c0ntrite thank you po sa reply! I'll check at the links you gave.

question lang po dun sa sagot for number 4 --- per month po ba yung 5-10k?

-5k-10k depende sa luho mo. kung tipid kaya na 5k.

Posted on: 2011/2/24 10:12

Quite a regular
rank3dbf8e9e7d88d.gif
Group:
Registered Users
c0ntrite, thanks sa links tlaga, very helpful yung issue dun sa papers. naku wala pa naman akong experience sa pagbili ng aso. lahat kc ng dogs ko eh aspin lang hehehe so puro bigay lang. hehehehe

checked yung breeder site din, ganda nga kaso para ngang mahal masyado yun, hindi ko yata kaya ang mga show type hehehe.

meron po bang breeder na okay din dito sa somewhere in manila?

saka po yung 5k - 10k mentioned for the budget, i forgot to ask kung food lang po yun or kasama ba dun yung iba pa nyang need like grooming, toys, vet, etc?

salamat po talaga!

Posted on: 2011/2/24 10:36

rank3dbf8edf15093.gif
From Quezon City
Group:
Registered Users
Forum Moderators
I'll try to answer this base on my experience with shih tzu

-Standard size for health reason and there's no such thing as princess type as we always say's to new dog lover or people who got into dog's for the first time.

-wala po, it all depends on how you will take care of your pet.

-yes they are sensitive compare to our native dogs, they dont do well sa maiinit na lugar specially if your planning to have them on full coat. for other information about shih tzu base on what american people will say about them, this video from Animal Planet is nice to watch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erZOOhG99yI

-vaccine after mo matapos ung every 2-3 weeks vaccination program nya including the anti-rabies. on my experience for a month 1 shih tzu around 2000 pesos and expense ko this includes dog food, grooming, vitamins and other stuff na pwede naman wala, well again depends na din kung maluho kang amo, but right now na lessen ko pa yan since now days ako na nag grogroom sa mga shih tzu ko.

-decent puppy? if you can find a decent breeder then you will find your self a decent puppy. house visit is really advisable when buying a puppy, ako when I was buying a puppy, I really go house visit and ask the breeder to have the puppy to roam around the place for me to see how lively the puppy is, cuteness is already given to every puppy sa kahit anong breed, but if the breeder doesnt want to let me see hows the puppy on it's current environment I dont buy it, same thing that I'm doing when from time to time nag produce ung mga alaga ko, khit hindi pa ask ng titingin pag dating nila sa house pinakakawalan ko lahat ng puppy sa house para makita ila how lively they are and for them to see their personalities, believe me every puppy has their own personalities and un ang tingnan mo again cuteness is already given to every puppy. See the environment of where you're going to buy your puppy and decide if it is decent enough for you specially the breeder if they can't tell you anything about the characteristic of each puppy hay naku that is just for the money lang, I'll go with breeder that can tell you what's the personalities of each puppies and will automatically tells you story about them alam mo naman pag sales talk lang eh. The price base on experience the lower the price the less decent the owner is(again base on experience and im not saying that this is in general), why I'm saying na this is not in general kz if you're lucky enough you might find decent owner that sells their puppies that they love and really took care of but only sells them for cheaper price para lng ma appreciate ng ibang tao ung breed I've meet breeders like this in the past few years.

- Papers yes it is a must as they always says, but now days since PCCI is still lacks of security and policy about selling PCCI papers of dogs dogs or registering litters that is more than what they should registered if you ask me if you'll end up in a less decent breeder you might end up buying a puppy na meron paper pero the paper is not originally for the puppy.

If you want to have a decent pet inregards of any breed, the only thing that I can say to you is never buy from a pet store and if you're gonna do house visit!
observe the breeder while your observing the puppy.

- maraming shih tzu breeder dyan you just have to look for a decent breeder that sells a decent puppy. depends if you want to have a champ line puppy then prepare a huge amount of money to get one, fantasiakennel hmm i think one puppy range from 50k, im not sure ha they have a great history from the ring and they can be found almost all over the world. ganun ka sikat ang kennel na to.

-taking care of a dog with known breed is the same as taking care of our native dog, regardless if it is a puppy or an adult dog. The important is how well you can create a bond between you and your dog to be.

-it all depends sa nag aalaga, if the owner will wrongly trained them to be an agressive dog then they gonna an aggressive one that you can't just touch, but normally shih tzu are very friendly, when i say friendly, as in mananakaw if nasa labas kayo at malingat ka lang. That is why pag nasa labas ako with my tzu I dont let them be off of my sight, they are very curious dogs.

-i think with all my answer to your question and with contrite answer you pretty much have an idea on what you should look at.

Posted on: 2011/3/8 2:18

rank3dbf8edf15093.gif
From Quezon City
Group:
Registered Users
Forum Moderators
This breed is more closely related to the wolf than any other breeds. Whether a star in the ring or at home, the Shih Tzu is one of the oldest breeds of dog.

Posted on: 2011/3/8 2:22

Quite a regular
rank3dbf8e9e7d88d.gif
Group:
Registered Users
Hi, DarkAngel!
Thank you for your response. Good thing nabanggit mo yung pag housevisit. nabasa ko rin yan sa book about dogs, pero kala ko pwedeng wala na especially if I know the owner of the dog. I'll definitely follow yours and contrite's advice. Maraming-maraming salamat po!!1

Posted on: 2011/3/8 5:40

rank3dbf8edf15093.gif
From Quezon City
Group:
Registered Users
Moderators
hello minion, sorry hindi ko nasagot yung tanong mo, na overlook ko na ata. si DarkAngel breeder din ng Shih Tzu yan.

saka po yung 5k - 10k mentioned for the budget, i forgot to ask kung food lang po yun or kasama ba dun yung iba pa nyang need like grooming, toys, vet, etc?

- initial lang yan: vaccine, cage, toys at hindi every month, sobra naman kung everymonth yun

Posted on: 2011/3/8 7:25
"Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?" Luke 6:46

Quite a regular
rank3dbf8e9e7d88d.gif
Group:
Registered Users
Hello c0ntrite! No worries po

Thank you sa pagreply ulit! Aah okay po, nagulat ako kala ko every month nagpanic tuloy ako

DarkAngel, meron po ba kaung mga pups ngayon? Interested ako kumuha by April eh. Let me know na lang po pag meron kau. Thanks so much!

Posted on: 2011/3/9 5:47

rank3dbf8edf15093.gif
From Quezon City
Group:
Registered Users
Forum Moderators
Hi minion19, I have right now a 1month old puppy na hand feed ko, but I made up my mind not to sell it eh. if mag karoon man ako ng for sale matagal pa eh.

House visit really is a must kahit na kakilala mo pa yung may ari, again just to see how they are in their current environment.

Posted on: 2011/3/9 13:31

(1) 2 »

Photo Gallery
DSC02670.JPG
twins2.JPG
IMG0164A.jpg
maya1.jpg
Free Dog Ads!

Sign in
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu

New member wanting to get a shih tzu -- need your help =) [Breed Specific Forum]

©2007-2015 DogEngine.com | Christian Witness | Forest Treasures :: icons by FAMFAMFAM
Dogs for Sale, Puppies for Sale, Stud Services, Health and Beauty, Cages and Accessories, Pet Services :: DogEngine.com