I had my puppy groomed at pet express cubao and I'm not going back there! [Breed Specific Forum]

Puppies & Dogs For Sale in the Philippines
Welcome Guest. Register | Sign in
Today is Tuesday, January 21, 2020

I had my puppy groomed at pet express cubao and I'm not going back there!
Quite a regular
rank3dbf8e9e7d88d.gif
Group:
Registered Users
Hello everyone! need your help/suggestions kung saan magandang magpagroom ng dog.

I have a 3 month old shih tzu puppy and I brought him to Pet Express in Cubao last week to be groomed.Medyo mahaba na kc yung buhok nya sa nose at napupunta na sa mata. I was very, very disappointed with their service and I swear I'm not going back there and let them touch my shih tzu!

For one thing, yung humawak sa kanyang naggrooom eh hindi nakafocus sa kanya. He was talking and chitchatting with another groomer while handling my dog. Ilang beses na sumigaw yung aso kc namali ng gupit sa kuko because he was looking at the person he was talking to. Hinahatak pa ng hinahatak yung buntot ng dog kapag sinusubukan nung puppy na makipaglaro sa kanya.

One thing I also didn't like was when the guy had to get some combing materials, he put the dog on the floor and let it run around. As in nagtatalon pa yung puppy dun sa mga buhok/fur na nasa floor. I think he might have swallowed some fur too. The pup even inspected some of the electric plugs on the floor --- this being not very safe.

The worst part and my ultimate trigger was when he was combing the pup. Sobrang hatak lang ng hatak (the pup was crying everytime he'd pull the brush). Marami kc yung tangles sa may malapit sa buntot. He called me and told me na sobrang daming tangles at ipasummer cut na lang daw. Sabi ko wag ng gupitan at wag na rin suklayin ng ganun kc mukhang nasasaktan yung pup, paliguan na lang. He replied, "Ang arte kc eh." He was talking about a 3 month old pup -- literally a baby! He might have been doing the right thing but I don't appreciate the attitude.

I don't have previous experience pagpapagroom ng dogs because all my dogs before are aspins. I don't know what to expect but definitely not this. Baka may suggestion po kayo kung saan friendly and caring sa dogs yung mga naggogroom. Thank you in advance!

Posted on: 2011/4/26 5:06
_MD_TRANSFER_DESC _MD_TRANSFER

Re: I had my puppy groomed at pet express cubao and I'm not going back there!
Quite a regular
rank3dbf8e9e7d88d.gif
From iloilo
Group:
Registered Users
Grooming
You will need a bristle brush and comb.
Starting at the head taking extra care around the eyes gently brush the hair away from the eyes with the bristle brush. If the hair is falling into the eyes this can be trimmed with scissors or if you are going to take your puppy to a grooming parlour, your groomer will do this for you. Care must be taken when working around the eyes at all times. It is important that the hair is kept away from the eyes as it can irritate the eye and cause infection or ulceration.

The next stage is to brush your puppy’s ears, tangles do occur more frequently here so it is important to brush this area regularly. Again the hair can be trimmed short and if you prefer again can be carried out at the grooming parlour. The hair inside the ear must be removed also, again this should be carried out by someone who is experienced.

When grooming the face it is good to get into a routine of checking eyes, ears and mouth for any sign of irritation. If you do discover anything unusual do contact your veterinary surgeon as soon as possible as this may prevent any infection setting in. The hair around the mouth should also be kept short as this will enable your puppy to eat and drink more easily; it also prevents the hair around the mouth gathering food.

On completion of grooming the face continue first with the bristle brush and then comb down the neck and body ensure there are no tangles. Getting your puppy used to having its legs and feet groomed is important as nails and hair between the pads needs the most frequent attention. Start by gently brushing the legs with the bristle brush then comb ensuring the inside of the legs is also groomed will help your puppy get used to this. It will also make life easier for everyone including your puppy if this is done, especially when at the grooming parlour it causes less stress for everyone. Nails and hair between the pads must be kept short at all times. Care must be taken if you trim the nails yourself as they can bleed if trimmed too short. This task is better being carried out by someone who is experienced.

The last stage is grooming around your puppy’s bottom area and tail. The tail should be brushed through with the bristle brush followed by the comb and again the hair can be trimmed short. The hair around your puppy’s bottom should be kept short so that your puppy can go to the toilet easily. The hair can be trimmed with scissors to keep this area free from hair. It is a good idea to check this area daily to ensure that no excrement has become attached to the hair.

Deciding when to have your puppy clipped for the first time does depend a lot on how quickly the hair has grown. It is better even if a whole body clip is not required to call in and let your puppy get used to the atmosphere in the parlour. My local grooming parlour encourages this from a very young age as it results in less stress for everyone including your Shih Tzu in years to come.

How often will clipping be required? Again this depends on the rate that the hair grows and what style you like to have your Shih Tzu trimmed in. On average probably about every eight to twelve weeks and your dog will still need to be bathed and brushed in between times.

http://www.theshihtzuclub.co.uk/care.htm

Posted on: 2011/5/5 7:05

Quite a regular
rank3dbf8e9e7d88d.gif
Group:
Registered Users
HI, wolfy!! Nice to see you're back.
Yes, I think I've read this site before. Ginagawa ko na sya today yung cleaning of eyes, ears, and combing. Pero hindi pa ako confident magtrim ng nails saka maggupit ng hair nya especially sa face. Hopefully, I can find a good groomer to take my pup to pag kailangan na nya ng haircut hehe.

Posted on: 2011/5/5 8:20

rank3dbf8edf15093.gif
From Quezon City
Group:
Registered Users
Forum Moderators
Hi, well the way the the groomer handle your puppy sounds like not really nice, pet express in cubao? may I ask saan sa cbuao to? tiga cubao din kz ako.

anyway in my experience sa part ng combing di mo maiiwasan tlga ung ganun suklay mabigat ang mga kamay nila compare sating mga owner.

pero the thoughts of having your puppy run around the floor where the fur is is not a good thing for a groomer to do unprofessional I may say.

suggestion since 3 months pa lng cya why not doing it your self muna yung regular combing once a day is good for their coat and to avoid matting as well and to help promote shiny coat and good circulation of blood in your puppy let it enjoy the grooming while you doing it, 3 months is too young and might get traumatized by the harsh experience with a groomer.

Posted on: 2011/5/6 15:47

Quite a regular
rank3dbf8e9e7d88d.gif
Group:
Registered Users
@DarkAngel: I'm not very familiar around Cubao area, pero ito yung Pet Express sa ground floor ng SM. sa may gilid. yung may katapat na callcenter, APAC if i'm not mistaken. Yeah, I think that's a better idea. From the time I wrote this post until now, hindi ko pa sya ulit binabalik sa groomer. I got rid of his tangles little by little so ngayon mas madali na yung pagsusuklay namin. He's officially 4 months today so I'm thinking na ibalik sya sa groomer in one or two months time. In the meantime, I'll take care of the grooming part. Hopefully by then, makakita na ako ng okay na groomer. Thanks DarkAngel!

Posted on: 2011/5/10 3:38

rank3dbf8edf15093.gif
From Quezon City
Group:
Registered Users
Forum Moderators
If you ask me the best groomer that I had was my vet also, kasi sobrang ingat nila on handling the dogs lalo sa pag susuklay, but still wala nang mas gagaling pa sa pag groom kung ikaw mismo ang gagawi nito. As of now I'm doing this myself na.

Posted on: 2011/5/13 4:37

Photo Gallery
maya1.jpg
CIMG2820.JPG
Bed Poklet Compressed.JPG
IMG_20130412_135525.jpg
Free Dog Ads!

Sign in
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu

I had my puppy groomed at pet express cubao and I'm not going back there! [Breed Specific Forum]

©2007-2015 DogEngine.com | Christian Witness | Forest Treasures :: icons by FAMFAMFAM
Dogs for Sale, Puppies for Sale, Stud Services, Health and Beauty, Cages and Accessories, Pet Services :: DogEngine.com