Puppies & Dogs For Sale in the Philippines
Welcome Guest. Register | Sign in
Today is Tuesday, January 21, 2020

shih tzu's size????
Just popping in
rank3e632f95e81ca.gif
Group:
Registered Users
I just want to know what's the difference between a standard size shih tzu and princess type and imperial sized shih tzu's.

Is there really such a thing as Princess Type and Imperial sized shih tzu's? I read someone posted that there is no such a thing as Princess type or Imperial sized tzu's. He stated that these are just tzu's that did not grow normally or in his term "nabansot".

If there is such a thing, how do they compare to the standard size shih tzu's? Are they supposed to be more expensive than the standard size tzu's?

Can these princess type and imperial sized shih tzu's be competed in a dog show?

Posted on: 2011/5/9 16:56
_MD_TRANSFER_DESC _MD_TRANSFER

Re: shih tzu's size????
rank3dbf8edf15093.gif
From Quezon City
Group:
Registered Users
Forum Moderators
There is "NO" such thing as princess type in any kind of dogs. Breeder just taking this as an advantage for people who doesnt know anything about dogs and sizes. Normally the princess type that this breeder called are the runt of a litter or yun na nga po "nabansot", comparing it to a standard size well mas maliit cla and sometimes has deformalities in them or some health issues within.

I believe you can't use them to compete in a dog show, since they fall under the standard size requirements. I'm not that really sure ha.

Posted on: 2011/5/9 19:43

Quite a regular
rank3dbf8e9e7d88d.gif
Group:
Registered Users
Hi peterarena! This was one of my questions when I was looking for a shih tzu puppy. I agree with DarkAngel. Wala talagang princess type or imperial shih tzu except a fancy name for runts. As for the price, medyo mas mahal silang binebenta kaysa sa standard size shih tzu, mas malaki kc yung demand so mas tumataas yung price. But nothing really special. Mas mataas lang ang demand bec they occupy less space and eat less so many people like them better for apartment life.

Personally, mas prefer ko yung standard size shih tzu. mas masarap yakapin mas malaki hehehhee, and it's easier to give medical attention and care for a standard size. Yung mga sobrang liit mahirap i-IV when they get sick and they're more sensitive to heat or cold.

Posted on: 2011/5/10 4:03

Just popping in
rank3e632f95e81ca.gif
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks a lot sir/mam for the response. That's very informative. It's just so confusing because some of the sellers advertise their puppies as "real princess type" with varying descriptions and thus, bumping their prices than the standard size shih tzu's. Now I know not to be fooled by those advertising their breed as "real princess type or imperial size".
Thanks again.

Posted on: 2011/5/10 14:31

rank3dbf8edf15093.gif
From Quezon City
Group:
Registered Users
Forum Moderators
basta if your looking for a puppy or a dog to take care of, don't buy them kasi maraming red marks, champ line etc. . it's a matter of can you give what this dog really needs? and feel it to your self na kung eto na ba yung dog na para sayo or not. I know some people who love shih tzu she keeps on looking for a perfect female shih tzu that she want but until now she never had it all she got was a male shih tzu lang and still up to this day she's still looking for a female which she can love dearly.

and Again the owner of dogengine.com is really a dog lover and will not promote buying dogs just because of red marks or because it is a champ line. He even would suggest you to go to PAWS who knows you might find your pet soulmate there.

Posted on: 2011/5/13 4:43

Photo Gallery
DSCN2547.JPG
DSC00084~0.JPG
CIMG1521.JPG
new_friend.jpg
Free Dog Ads!

Sign in
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu

shih tzu's size???? [Breed Specific Forum]

©2007-2015 DogEngine.com | Christian Witness | Forest Treasures :: icons by FAMFAMFAM
Dogs for Sale, Puppies for Sale, Stud Services, Health and Beauty, Cages and Accessories, Pet Services :: DogEngine.com